Friday, March 5, 2010

London Calling

I'm trying to figure out if I should get the "London Pass" for the sites we/I want to see while in London. http://www.londonpass.com/

The way I calculated it out, it will save some money, but that means we have to see the sights with the pass within 2 days (assuming we go with a 2 day pass instead of a 3, and on one of those travel days we are taking a side trip to Bath/Stonehenge). Rick (Rick Steves- I'm on a first-name basis with him now) suggests getting it for the "whirlwind traveler" which is what I am.

And, I think I'm going to start ordering tickets to events/sites on line. I've been finding that I can get discounts by ordering online at some places, and then I won't have to wait in so many lines... plus, I don't think it will hurt the pocketbook as badly if I can spread out the ticket purchases. Did anyone else buy advance tickets for stuff in London??

1 comment:

Liz said...

OOH and I found that, if I purchase the card online/before my trip, I can use it for travel on the trains and Underground, too (of course, it doesn't cover the Heathrow Express -- or as I've been calling it, the Hogwarts Express-- from the airport to the city center.