Tuesday, April 27, 2010

T- 4 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes...


I never realized how many different types of planes there are until I saw the flight itinerary for this trip. I knew there were a few, but they all looked the same- an aisle down the middle, 3 seats on each side of the plane. If you're lucky, you get extra leg room in the seats by the wing. If you're REALLY lucky, you get bumped up to first class (I wish!!).

I will be on 8 different planes over this 13 day trip. 8!! I'm going to HATE planes by the end of this trip. I was reading Lifehacker and it recommended that I check out Seat Guru. At this website, I can put in my carrier, my plane type, and scope out the best- and worst- seats on the plane. Now, if I can just beat *everyone* to the airport (or online) and book the best seats. Of course, there are 4 of us going on the trip, so someone (read: probably me!) will have to sit across the aisle. It's ok. I'm sure we'll have enough together time on land...

The first flight (Detroit to Atlanta) is a standard M88 (didn't know that *was* standard)- aisle down the middle, 3 seats on one side, 2 on the other.

The second flight (Atlanta to Dublin) is a Boeing 767. Holy huge plane. 2 aisles, 2 seats along each edge of the plane, and a row with 3 seats in the middle. (7 seats across plane). There are LCD screens that flip down over the cabin to watch movies, but no personal screens. That's fine, as I plan on sleeping for that entire flight.

Third flight (Dublin to Paris) is a little larger than the first plane- 3 seats on each edge of the plane, one aisle down the middle.

Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth flights (Paris to London, London to Paris, Paris to Rome) seems to be similar to the Dublin/Paris flight, but the middle seat in each row flip down to a table. Win-- if there's nobody sitting by me :)

Seventh flight (Rome to Paris) and Eighth flight (Paris to Detroit): I don't know because it's not up on Air France's website. I just called and had a heart attack- according to their website, I wasn't coming home!! Air France has my reservation, but it's just not showing up online. As long as I have my confirmation, I guess...

No comments: