Monday, May 3, 2010

Dublin, Part 2-- maybe Day 2?

That fking volcano is *still* spewing ash, and now it's blowing over Irish/Scottish airspace. Our flight from Dublin to London has been cancelled, and of course, nobody is answering at Air France, nobody is at the airport for Air France... if you know me at all, you know I'm an anxiety ridden mess. I was prepared for pretty much anything, but didn't see this one (really) coming.

After reading my traveler's insurance, though, it looks like I'm covered for any expenses incurred due to my cancellation for more than 5 hours. Flight was cancelled an hour ago, set to take off at 9am. They are not opening Irish airspace until at LEAST 1pm. Win...?

It's almost midnight here- we're all exhausted, and I'm the only one still up-- for now. I'll hopefully fall asleep for a few minutes; they're releasing an "air quality" update at 1am.

At least the day in Dublin was fun... I'm a certified Guinness Beer Puller :) More on that after the flight "crisis"!

No comments: