Saturday, May 1, 2010

Metro lines -- 19 hours to go...!

As of now, my flight to ATL is on time. So is the flight to Dublin. Of course, there is a lot that can go wrong in the next 19 hours. Really though, if the first flight is late-- who cares? We're in ATL for 6 HOURS. I am ok with a delay. Now, a delay to Dublin? That would blow.

We started talking today about modes of transportation to/from our various airports. Since some of our flights are *so* flipping early in the morning, the metro/bus lines won't be running. My line of thinking is that, we should take the metro when we can (usually to the hotel), and spring for a taxi when the metro isn't running (on the way back to the airport). It's starting to add up..!

My biggest worry? Getting lost in Rome. We can take the Leonardo da Vinci metro (high speed) to the main Tremini station, where we can then take a taxi to our hotel or walk the 1.5 km. 1.5 km is a piece of cake- it's like a mile. Problem is, our arrival in Rome marks our last stop on this trip, and we will all be tired and lugging around bags half of our body weight. I'm all for taking the metro + taxi in this situation.

I'm wiped out. I couldn't sleep last night due to my building excitement. Tonight isn't going to be much better, unless I can get my hands on some Tylenol PM..!

Side note: after a great lunch with Dave, I got to my sister's house to see Daisy and Griffin (sister's dog). Used my key, entered the house... BAM! Alarm starts going off. Apparently my brother in law set the alarm and forgot I was coming over-- and then didn't realize I didn't know the code. After a panicked call to my sister (who didn't answer), to my mom (who didn't answer and was *with* my sister), I tried Adam. He answered but I couldn't hear him at all. Finally, about 2-3 minutes later, I got the code from Adam and shut the alarm off. At that EXACT moment, the alarm company reached my sister and advised her that the police were on their way-- no, wait, the alarm was shut off, we'll cancel the dispatch. UGH. NOT the relaxing start to the vacation that I was hoping for..!

No comments: