Saturday, May 1, 2010

Little bit of panic, little bit of tears


I had my first "tear up" after saying goodbye to a friend tonight. Dammit, I'm not *moving* overseas-- I'll be back in 2 weeks! I've been saying goodbye to people all day and haven't gotten teary eyed- until about 30 minutes ago. I think it's just finally starting to hit- I leave in 36ish hours. I've gotten hugs all day from people telling me to "Be safe" and "have fun" and, my favorite, "Don't forget my Pope on a Rope!"

I had a little moment of panic today, too. This travel purse I'm borrowing from Andrea is 2 sided. I was looking for my passport and didn't realize it HAD another side- and that I had hidden my passport there. Awesome. That, and I realized I didn't have enough pairs of socks nor did I have any bubble wrap to bring home fragile items in. That involved a quick Target run before this evening's festivities.

I'm packed, I'm double checked-- and now I'm a little sad and scared. I need to knock myself out and get some sleep!

No comments: